Mac Setup - Terminal
To configure your Mac terminal:
- Install iTerm2, download, copy to Applications, right click -> open
- Install oh-my-zsh
code ~/.zshrc and change the theme to
- Install powerline fonts, for example with the git clone installation steps
- Open iTerm2, go to Preferences -> Profiles -> Text -> Change Font -> Set to
Meslo LG M for Powerline (Bold) 14pt
- Check the 'use a different font for non-ascii text' check box
- Set to
Meslo LG M for Powerline (Regular) 14pt
- Go to iTerm2 -> Preferences -> Profiles -> Colors -> Color Presets... -> Solarized Dark (or Solarized Light if preferred)
- Increase the size of the default iTerm2 window under Preferences -> Profile -> Window -> Columns and Rows (e.g. 140 columns, 40 rows)
To remove your user name at the start of the prompt"
code ~/.zshrc and add the following under the theme line:
This removes your user name at the start of the prompt. See here for more info.